The RJ45-Matrix is one of those products that you only know you needed once you have it in your collection of loose boards.
Did you ever mix up the pinout of your Ethernet connection? For example by reversing the pin numbering? We, being professionals, obviously never did such a thing, but we decided to design the RJ45-Matrix nevertheless, just in case.
By placing solder blobs or 0402 SMD components on a 9x9 grid, the RJ45-Matrix allows you to create arbitrary connections between the pins of one RJ45-Jack to the pins on another RJ45-Jack. The Matrix also exposes all pins on easy to use 2.54mm pin headers, allowing you to use it as a breakout board.
What did we use the RJ45-Matrix for yet?
- As a breakout board for RJ45 connectors
- To swap Ethernet pairs between two devices
- To AC-couple an Ethernet connection between two devices by using 0402 capacitors, allowing us to directly inject voltages into a device.
Which further usecases for the RJ45-Matrix did we think of yet?
- Create loopback connections between pairs, allowing you to test very long single-pair scenarios over much shorter four-pair cables.
- Create defined cross-talk between pairs, by coupling them using resistors or capacitors.
- Adding resistive losses to a connection.
Which usecases could you come up with?
Well we can not know, and you may also not know it yet, but you can find out by adding an RJ45-Matrix to your next order in our shop.
- This tool is for prototyping and development use only.
- The RJ45-Matrix is intended to be used by electronically trained person.
- The RJ45-Matrix is intended to be used in an ESD-safe environment.
Scope of delivery:
This product is delivered as kit
- 1x PCB
- 2x RJ45 Sockets
- 2x Pin headers (8 Pins)
- 1x Pin headers (2 Pins)
- 10x 0 Ohm smd chip resistor
- ESD bag
(Some pictures show the assembled module.)
|Product line||LXA Tools|
|CE compliance||not tested|
|FCC compliance||not tested|
|UKCA compliance||not tested|
|Country of Origin||Germany|
- Brand: Linux Automation GmbH
- Product Code: 00013
- Availability: In Stock
26.24€including VAT, plus shipping costs
- Ex Tax: 22.05€
- 10 or more 25.45€